To write, publish, and be read is a privilege and responsibility. Being mindful of that privilege and responsibility:
- I will not barter my words or my silence.
- I will disagree with other opinions respectfully.
- I will write and advocate openly and honestly.
- I will not use this blog as a dating service.
- I will strive for accuracy in detailing the facts of my posts, avoiding errors and correcting them immediately when discovered.
- I will strive for balance; even in advocacy, I will not distort or suppress obviously relevant facts to bolster my argument.
- I will welcome and invite rebuttal, debate and discussion through comments, email, and trackbacks.
I will keep things told to me in confidence private.I will break any embargo, but will disclose broken embargos. Privacy of private persons will be respected though.
- I will let the record stand; I will not delete posts, or parts of them, unless not doing so would violate one of the foregoing principles, and will give notice that I have done so. If I modify a post, it will be by adding to it; and I will mark these additions clearly. I will not post an update notice when fixing grammatical errors.
- I will reveal material conflicts-of-interest.
- I will reply to emails and comments to the best of my ability. I receive my fair share of email so if I do not respond promptly please be patient.